- How do I make a donation? click
- When will I receive my tax receipt for my monthly gifts? click
- What is your monthly gift program click
- Who do I contact if I want to run an event on behalf of the Foundation? click
- Where can I get a copy of your audited statements? click
- When an In Memory or In honour gift is made, is the amount of the donation disclosed? click
- Will you send out cards in honour or in memory of an individual? click
- What is the legal name of the Foundation? click
- What is The Great War Memorial Hospital Foundation of Perth District’s Charitable Business Number? click
- Why do you need to fund raise? Doesn’t the government pay for health care? click
1. How do I make a donation?
Online: Click here to complete our online donation form
Call: Give us a call with your credit card information
Mail: Download, print and fill out our Donation Form and snail mail your cheque to
The Great War Memorial Hospital Foundation
33 Drummond Street West
Drop Off: Come visit us at the GWM office with your credit card or cheque at 33 Drummond Street West, Perth, Ontario, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
2. When will I receive my tax receipt for my monthly gifts?
Your receipt for this tax year will be mailed to you between 3 to 6 weeks after your donation has been received.
3. What is your monthly gift program?
Through monthly giving, you have the opportunity to make a lasting commitment to the GWM site of the Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital through a manageable monthly donation which adds up to a significant contribution over the year! Your monthly contributions let us know in advance what support we can count on throughout the year, and are important to helping us plan and budget for future funding needs. Best of all, it’s easy and convenient! There are two payment options: you can use your credit card or set up withdrawals from your chequing account for monthly donations. Please join our monthly giving club.
To sign up, please print our Monthly Giving Form and return to: The Great War Memorial Hospital Foundation, 33 Drummond Street West, Perth Ontario, K7H 2K1.
4. Who do I contact if I want to run an event on behalf of the Foundation?
We’re delighted if people think of the Great War Memorial foundation when they decide to host a fundraiser. Support from our community is a long standing tradition and we wouldn’t be where we are without it.
If you are interested in running and event on behalf of The Foundation, please call Margot or Sarah at 613.264.0638
5. Where can I get a copy of your audited statements?
You can download them from our website’s Publication section
6. When an In Memory or In honour gift is made, is the amount of the donation disclosed?
No. This information is kept strictly confidential unless the donor instructs us otherwise.
7. Will you send out cards in honour or in memory of an individual?
Yes. Our donors often give in memory or in honour of their friends and loved ones. When a donation is made we send out a card to the family or individual being honoured, acknowledging your generous donation.
8. What is the legal name of the Foundation?
For purposes of charitable giving, the legal name of the Foundation is: “Great War Memorial Hospital of Perth District Foundation”
9. What is The Great War Memorial Hospital Foundation of Perth District’s Charitable Business Number?
Our Charitable Business Number is: 1192 36016 RR0001
10. Why do you need to fund raise? Doesn’t the government pay for health care?
While the government provides most of the day-to-day costs of running the hospital, there are never enough funds available for equipment. Last year, almost 1/3 of the equipment purchased by the Hospital was funded through donations.
It is only through the combination of public funds and community donations that our hospital will continue to be well-equipped to serve you, your family and your friends when you need it most.